Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Accidental Plan

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 124.3 (running: 78.2; walking: 7.3; biking: 38.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $19.56

2,015 in 2015 Change Hounds progress: Nancy: 124.3  Aaron: 110 (b: 94; w: 16)  Elly: 25.9 Total: 260.2

It's almost bedtime, and I'm just getting around to getting a few of the regular parts of my world together! The day's been full, it's been a bit discombobulated, but it's been good. I will say it's a good thing I decided to run this morning before I knew what the day was going to look like because I would have talked myself into using running time for something else entirely! I really just needed to get two short runs in two days in a row, so, today's swing decision was not only the perfect way to get me going in the right direction to face the day, but it also just freed up some of Thursday. YAHOO! Accidental planning at its best.

Is that even something one can do?

Elly was stoked for joining me two days in a row -- she'll have to hold on to her floppy ears tomorrow when it becomes three! She had a great time being my interval and resistance trainer all in one (*sigh* ... it's getting old fast, just sayin'). She was also super-proud of herself when she realized she sometimes has opportunity to protect herself from the big, bad scary traffic:
"Look how brave I am behind this wall,
mommy! Nothing can get me!"
We logged our miles, scored some bank (we're now closer than not to the $20 mark already!), and ran by a little birdie that felt safe enough to never hop nor fly away ...
With one more short run for the week, I'm ready to hit it tomorrow then gear up for Saturday's virtual Frozen Booty 10K!!! It's pretty cool to be able to earn some bling right out of the training schedule gate! But, we have a few days 'til then, so it's time to get some rest before firing it all up again!!

May your day have been just what you wanted, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment