Monday, February 23, 2015

Good Starts!

Happy Monday!! I hope every part of yours has been good and that you're finding ways to stay warm!! I don't know how I got so lucky as to have a Rest Day on a morning that had a -10 wind chill (yow!!), but, I did!
That's our neighbor's back yard. The snow is refrozen! That would make a great sledding hill if not for the fence and rocks at the bottom ... Anyway, it's been fun to watch Elly outside as she mostly walks on top of the ice. Later in the afternoons, she occasionally has a sudden sink through it, and it's pretty funny because she's surprised every time!

This morning was the perfect one to hunker down with a warm, cozy breakfast. And, so, I did!
They are but they aren't what you think they are.
In my recent readings in the Trim Healthy Mama book I've been using to figure out nutrition questions I've been pondering (and some I didn't really even know I would ponder until I read something new and then think new of new things to ponder), I keep learning, re-learning and reminding myself that, left to my own devices, I am probably woefully short on protein. Wait, did I say 'probably?' What I'm really saying is I'm completely certain I do not get enough protein on a daily basis. Spurts and here and there? Definitely. Consistently like I need? Um, no. So, any place I can even sneak it in is going to be a good thing!

The base of their Trim Healthy Pancake recipe? Oat flour (that you can make by just throwing the oats in a blender and whirling them around -- oh, yes ... I did that. I felt like a kitchen goddess.), egg white and cottage cheese! With an additional dash of vanilla and some baking powder, I found the best swap-out for pancakes EVER. Seriously, these bad boys are the bomb!!

I had them with about a 1/2 teaspoon of Polaner strawberry jelly smeared across the top pancake, and WOW. With a side of Greek yogurt and oranges mixed in, I was in cold weather, breakfast heaven!! I got to start my day eating that breakfast while watching a reunion of the cast of Life Goes On (remember that show? Oh, how I loved it!!) while Elly sat and stared at me. What better way to start a Monday?!

Tomorrow? I plan to run. As far as I know, the temps will allow it, and I am feeling the need to get back outside!! Have a great continued start to your week, and I'll check in after the morning outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment