Wednesday, September 10, 2014

You Find Some, You Lose Some

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 145 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 696.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 306.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $45.83

It was raining when I got up, but I caught a break right when it was time for me to head out for the morning run. I jumped at the opportunity to get outside (vs. running on the treadmill) even though outside was thick with grody humidity. I'd much rather feel gross outside than in, so it was a good call.

I didn't take Elly, though, as dealing with the underbelly of a really wet dog is a sucker's game. No matter how much I try, I never get her dry enough, so she still gets stuff wet. She was still eating her breakfast at the time I left anyway, so I thought it all worked out just fine. As soon as I got home, though, she sat and seemed to wonder what it was that I was going to write about her ...
"I can't wait to read today's installment
all about meeeeeeee."
Sorry, Elly. I've already covered it.

The run went just fine, but it was nothing outstanding. I finally felt myself getting into it when I only had two tenths of a mile to go, so it felt like it ended just when it began ... even though it began a couple of miles back! It again proved my personal theory from the Summer that I don't like runs shorter than two miles because it takes me at least that long to finally get in a real groove.

I also don't like that I put the first two pennies I found in a pocket that I knew had a hole in it! It was one of those moments where you know better but you do it anyway. You see, I felt for the hole, but I only found a teeny one. So, I talked myself into thinking it must be the other pair of shorts that has the hole. Even though I know I knew better. What a tool.

"You paint the eggs, you hide the eggs,
you find the eggs." Classic. But not cool
when you lose your money. ( image )

So, those two pennies are out there to again be found. In the meantime, I put in two from our penny stash to join the one I found toward the end. All problems solved plus a bonus future treasure hunt that I made myself! Kind of like Lucy hiding her own Easter Eggs ... but totally different.

And, tomorrow? I rest up for Friday's long run! The temperatures are promised to drop which will make awesome running weather!! But, that follows plans for a great Rest Day, so I'll check in from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment