Monday, September 8, 2014

Living Real

Happy Monday, and welcome to the new week!! I know it really started yesterday, but Sunday's still the weekend in my book!

The following thought has plagued my brain for the past few days:

Live authentically, live in truth, and everything else will fall into place the way it's supposed to.

What has been true about my running has been true about my life: The more honest I am with myself and others, the better and more fun the experience! When I began to run, I most definitely had struggles comparing myself to others, and I was not always been particularly kind to myself. But, what would have held me back worse than anything is if I had tried to pretend like those feelings didn't exist, and I espoused a fictitious reality that I would then have to somehow figure out how to produce. I've certainly given that cover-up/let's pretend strategy a whirl in other areas of my life. I think we've all done it. It's just that, by the time I started running, I was old enough to be totally over that strategy of destruction, and I decided the only way to do this right was to do this real.

I was open about my abilities or fears about where they seemed to lack. I was open about my goals, and I was realistic in creating them. I embarked on this activity for me and not to please nor impress anyone else. I made certain I was in touch with exactly who I was and what I expected of myself from the get go, and I had faith I could only build and be better from there.

I have racked up a lot of personal success, and I can identify an equal amount of improvement to shoot for. But, I am absolutely certain I am exactly where I should be right now because running, for me, has never been about becoming a super athlete. Watch out when I'm 80 killin' it in my age group at a Half Marathon, though ... but, I digress.

I've said before that if you want to understand my life, understand how I run. It's that whole art imitating life thing, but my running is the art. Oh, and that art could often easily be likened it to an abstract painting. Or, in Friday's case, splatter paint. hahahahaha

Find your truth, don't lose your humor, and there's no way to fail.

In the meantime, I got myself a hedgehog luggage tag today. Because I needed it.
I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment