Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Two Choices

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 148 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 716.5 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 310.6 Money Found For Food Bank: $46.71

I was watching the new season of The Biggest Loser the other day, and the new woman trainer (can't remember her name) articulated her philosophy as the following (as best I can recall, not quoting): You have two choices as to how to live your life -- out of fear, or out of love. And, when you live out of love, that also means you will love yourself enough to try. You will love yourself enough to encourage yourself instead of tearing yourself down. You will love yourself enough to believe in yourself.
Boy did that resonate with me! I can most definitely relate to and see this in action with regard to my running as this is one of the first endeavors I took on as an adult where, once I approached it in a positive 'I can totally do this' way, it worked. And, it keeps on working. And, I know good and well some other things with which I continue to wrestle come straight out of some form of fear. It's something worth thinking about ...

In the meantime, I pounced on those 5 miles today to the tune of finishing in a time frame that pleased me and with 26 cents a'jingling in my pocket. Sweet, sweet way to start the morning!

Tomorrow is another one! That'll be 3 miles of time where I can figure out what other cobwebs can be cleared to make way for even more light in my life! That'll be time well spent! See you after ...

No comments:

Post a Comment