Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Stepping In

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 149 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 719.5 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 319.6 Money Found For Food Bank: $46.81

Hi there on this Wednesday, everybody! Elly here. Mommy's not feeling on the top of her game, so I said I'd take over the writing today which also means you get see even more of meeeeeeee !

It's this kind of day here ...
After our outing, I went into the family room where mommy was, and she was stretched out on the couch with what she calls a screamin' headache. I don't know what that means, but if it meant hanging out on the couch on a rainy day, then I was all for it. So, I took my spot on the other couch, and we bonded for a good, long while!

Before that, though, mommy had a 3-mile run on the calendar, and let me tell you how much she didn't want to go out today because she said she felt yucky. But, I really really really really really wanted to go. So, we compromised with a 3-mile walk at a quick pace. It was a pace that allowed for all of our regular running fun like smelling hydrants (wait ... that's just me) and finding money. And, the fresh air felt oh-so-good to both of us.

It was the perfect outing as far as I'm concerned ...
... and, better yet, we just missed  the rain!!
As her trainer, I commended mommy for keeping up the pace so we didn't get caught out in it. Neither of us are fans of getting rained on, but, secretly, I'm the bigger baby about it. Don't tell. It'll expose my tough girl façade ...

Mommy has a busy day tomorrow, so she's still taking it easy the rest of today ... and, I think I'll go join her!! She'll check in tomorrow, though, on the eve of the 12 miler (which I don't get to go on *sigh*). Until tomorrow ... * slurrrrrp! *

No comments:

Post a Comment