Saturday, September 13, 2014

For Now Or For Later

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 147 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 711.5 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 310.6 Money Found For Food Bank: $46.45

Sometimes, we do things today because it's an investment in our future more than it is something awesome in the moment. That is precisely what today's run was. No, I'm not talking about the health benefits to running and how that's an investment in my future health. I'm saying I moved tomorrow's short run to today for the very purpose of sleeping in tomorrow.

And, really, is there a better reason to move a run?! I think not.

Elly was totally down with the schedule change because it was one day sooner to run for her. She enjoyed every minute of our jaunt out, and she thoroughly enjoyed being treated like a queen being picked up and driven home:
Stop drooling on the seats, Elly ...
Sometimes our actions are for the moment, and sometimes they're for the long haul! Either way, do what you do with purpose and with passion, and I'll see you on a celebratory Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment