Sunday, September 21, 2014

Not NOT Going!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 151 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 735.5 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 323.6 Money Found For Food Bank: $47.65

This morning, Elly had a plan. And, it was to run. With me. No alternative plans would do; that girl was not not going running!
"I trade you one picture by your crazy big
purple aster thing for a big run. Let's do
this thing!"
I could actually still feel Friday's 12-miler in my cranky legs, so I wasn't as ready to hop to it as the pooch! I procrastinated as long as I possibly could including slipping in an old episode of Dance Moms (oh, yes, I did that) before mind-over-mattering myself out of bed!

When Elly and I finally got to it, I was a bit surprised that I took off running from the start. Normally, I walk about 50 yards to get myself going, but, this morning, I was ready from the get go. Apparently, my body knew something my mind didn't ...

Elly was ready from the start, too:
"Sweeeeeeet freeeeeeedoooooommm!!"
She was ready to bail by the third mile, though. I guess she used up a little too much energy with her morning ants in pants routine!

Four miles and 22 cents for the Bank later, and we wrapped it up! I have yet to wrap my head around the fact that the Half is in exactly two weeks, but I say BRING IT. I'll be very ready to rock in my own way! But, not before a Rest Day tomorrow!

In the meantime, I have to report that my dad loved his Bingo cake. And, that was more satisfying than any run I've ever done. Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment