Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Elly's Fall Frolic

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 153 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 744.1 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 327.2 Money Found For Food Bank: $47.96

Happy Wednesday, everybody, and happy continued celebration of the beginning of Fall!! It's Elly again chiming in before falling asleep for the better part of the day! Last time I wrote, it was because mommy didn't feel very well. Today, I just got all bossy and said SCOOT OVER because I had so much fun on this morning's Fall frolic that I wanted to be the one report! Oh, sure, mommy had things to say about her soon-to-be-worn-out shoes, the hole she almost stepped avoiding a dude on the sidewalk that had no intention of sharing with us and that time at the end of our run when she hit a sidewalk jut scaring the bajeebers out of her. But, let's just focus on the fab, shall we? Like, THIS:
Mommy said she was bored with our normal 3-mile route, so she said something about 'turning it around.' I didn't really know what that meant, but as long as I was a part of it, I was all for it! I will say that most everywhere we went looked familiar but somehow backward. Maybe that had to do with the turning around business. We also ventured on a couple of new paths, and mommy even found a dime along one of them! I knew this because I heard her say, "SCORE!" and we stopped for a second. That usually means she found money, but I'm not ever sure who she's talking to. That momentary stop was awesome for me because there were some new smells in the air. Ohhhhh, the smellllllsss! Someone somewhere was rustling up some breakfast, and it smelled sooooo very good to this hound! Mommy had other ideas, though, which took us in the exact opposite direction from the breakfast goodness. Oh well, another day perhaps.

This backward route thing had a big payoff that I didn't see coming (because I don't think that far ahead) ... the hill that we usually ascend in the beginning was now downhill at the end! Now, that's my kind of planning!
"Wheeeeee!! Look how fast I'm going! We
should run this direction all. the. time!"
To my surprise, there was a steep incline right on the other side of this downhill dream, but I took care of that by pulling over and utilizing the facilities. At least it gave us a break mid-hill. See how I did that? I used my smarts. And my bladder.

At the end, mommy wanted a picture of me in my current Fall fashion:
"Is this my good side?"
"Or, is it this one? Ahhhh, who are we kidding ... it's BOTH."
It was so much fun taking mommy out for her run today!! I enjoyed every minute of it! I hear there's a Rest Day scheduled for tomorrow, and I'm down with that, too. I've already been practicing for it. See?
"I am soooooo good at this!"
That's it for today! Mommy wants you to enjoy the rest of your Hump Day, whatever that means, and she'll check in tomorrow! Have a great day; I'm off to resume napping!

No comments:

Post a Comment