Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sometimes, You Probably Shouldn't Even Listen To Yourself

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 143 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 689.2 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 302.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $45.59

Ohhhhh what a difference a cold front makes!
Now that's great running weather!
It's not even that it's been terribly long since having great morning weather, but this last heat wave smacked me so hard that this morning's 62 degrees was a huge relief!! There was even a cool breeze to boot, so this was the perfect way to go ahead and run today! Besides, that leaves room for two rest days in a row ... ahhhh ...

Besides the weather and the non-functioning pedestrian lights, the run was splendidly uneventful. The light situation was a drag especially after my close encounter of the stupid kind on Tuesday. (I mean, there I am all committed to following the pedestrian rules with keen precision only for the lights to not cycle. C'mon, help a girl out!) But, the breeze and the money findings and the very fact that I enjoyed a run immediately following yesterday's 10 made it all kinds of good!

There's a certain internal freedom that comes with going ahead and finding out what's possible rather than deciding something isn't going to work without really trying. When originally putting my training schedule on the calendar, I clearly underestimated myself. And, for no apparent reason. I'm glad I got up and went out today -- nothing like starting your day by proving your own self wrong!

The rest of the weekend is at my fingertips, and I'm off to enjoy!! Soak all of the good out of yours, and I'll check in on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment