Thursday, September 18, 2014

I Think I Prefer the "Knowing"

This is so true ...
I'm sure the intended sentiment behind this pic (from Justin's Health and Fitness Facebook page) has to do with being anxious to get out and run instead of resting one's body. My personal thoughts were a little different because I can't count the number of times "12 miles ... 12 miles," which is tomorrow's distance, has gone through my head as I'm doing other things. It's just there in the back of my head ... 12 miles ... No matter how many times I've already run this distance, it's still a big one to me!

This distance can be a tough one sometimes simply because I get ants in my pants about how many different ways I can contort local routes to make them somewhat interesting in the double-digit days! At the same time, rerunning what's really familiar has some comfort to it because I can feel where I am (and when I will finish!) more than I can on a new route. That's part of what makes that last mile to 13 suck in a race -- the not-quite-knowing where the finish line is! And, no matter how many times you tell yourself, "It just has to be right up there! Right? Nope! Okay, then, it must be right up there! Wait ... really? No?! Ugh!"

Fortunately, I'm feeling so much better today as compared to the last two days, so mapping it out and looking ahead to it doesn't feel like a drag! That is, in fact, the current order of business! I'll check in tomorrow after my feet carry me over those mapped miles ... see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment