Wednesday, September 3, 2014

She's So Close!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 140 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 671.4 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 299.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $44.98

Some people take the Labor Day pool
closing very seriously.
I am confident I am not the only one who kept having to remind myself that today is Tuesday, not Monday. Man, the week of Labor Day messes me up every, single year, and it seems there's not much I can do about it other than incessantly check the calendar. At least it's a short week!

It was also a day for a short run, and I took my pal with me because the morning temperature was good enough for her to tag along. She was so glad she did, too, because we found a little friend along the way ...
Do you see what Elly sees?
Elly's all FRIEND, and the turtle's all BACK OFF.
I've never been around a turtle eating something crunchy. It
was a most soothing sound.
I won't go into the fact that just up the road from this encounter is where I misjudged a traffic light and, while there was no immediate danger, I made a really bad move and it could have gone really, really bad. And, no, I was not distracted looking for money. I was just preoccupied and didn't have my thinking right. Believe when I say I'm going to make a more conscious effort to make sure I'm appropriately plugged in! I bring it up because it can happen to all of us -- be careful out there!!

On to happier topics, I want to mention that had I known today's run was going to bring Elly so close to rounding the 300-mile mark, I would have just kept going and let it happen!! As it sits, she (a) is seven tenths of a mile short of 300, and (b) does not care.

We will celebrate her tomorrow. Assuming it doesn't rain. That girl does not treadmill.

With that, it's onward with the evening, whatever day this is, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment