Monday, September 15, 2014

Consistency Makes It Happen Because My Brain's Not Always Plugged In

Happy, happy Monday!! Ready for the week? Here we gooooooo!!

You saw Aaron's birthday cake in progress the other day. We got to dive in last night ...
Mmmmm ... holy moly mmmmmm ...
Let's just say having a Rest Day scheduled for today was perfection because that is one humdinger of a cake both in deliciousness and in personal need for recovery! Super. Yum.

As usual, Rest Day has been very full (it is Monday, after all), but I did finally make some time to spruce up the house for Fall! Of course, this is one of my favorite spots:
That took me about 2 minutes to create. Well, 13 days and 2 minutes. I'm saying I've been mentally planning to decorate for Fall since the day after Labor Day and just got around to it!

Some things can wait, and others need to happen at a slow and steady pace. Like -- you guessed it! -- the running schedule! If you can believe it, there are only 2 more long runs before the long run! I'm in a bit of disbelief myself, but, fortunately, I only have to count on my obedience to what the calendar tells me to do to keep up and make it happen -- no matter my mental state on any given day!

To that end, we hit the road for 5 miles tomorrow! I'm not feeling it right now, but I've learned to not judge how I feel about a run until I actually get out there and make it happen! So, enjoy the rest of starting up your week, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment