Friday, September 26, 2014

I Can Run, But I Can't Hide

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 154 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 784.1 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 327.2 Money Found For Food Bank: $48.96

I know you know what day it is, but it's worth a shout anyway: IT'S FRIDAY!!! Yahoo!! And, check out the beauty that started off mine!!
The cool thing about getting up early to run is that I get to see the show in the sky! The window for it is so small, so, I should really be thankful that I took up this running business because I do love me some color up there!! Here's another just moments after the above:
Check out the beams from behind that tree ... sweet !!!
On the agenda this morning was the 10-miler that is always run the week before the Half. I was looking forward to it for the following reason: Because it wasn't 11 or 12 miles. For real, that was the reason. It's all I had on an early Friday, and I embraced it!

The run treated me well all the way around including this score right when I hit the first mile:
Thank you, bike lane!
I had a lot of good stuff to think about while out there because last night I watched another of Oprah's Life Class episodes with T.D. Jakes again (he. rules. entirely.). Given my reflections yesterday about how I'd been defined by others, some of what he said really resonated. Here's one of my favorites:

"Step out of your history and into your destiny ... You can't drive forward looking in the rear view mirror." -- T.D. Jakes

I will say that, when you're running, you can certainly trip over crap that you didn't see coming because you're looking for money and not paying attention. But, that's entirely different.

Okay, give THAT some thought!! He does go on to explain that it's worth looking back, but the purpose of doing so is to figure out what was going right and why, and then work to repeat that kind of pattern. The purpose of looking back on the negative should be to avoid such patterns in the future, not live there .

I had this theme rolling around in my brain and, frankly, in my heart while covering the miles today. There's something about running that has unleashed a freedom in me, and I'm still working to understand in just how many ways that has happened. Of course, yester-me could not have run 10 miles nor would she have wanted to, but, there's more to what's been unleashed, and I continue to work to get to the bottom of it! I do know for certain, though, that running is me in my purest form every time I'm out there no matter how it goes. I can run, but I can't hide. And, as I go forward in my life, I don't want to ...

With that, I'm off to start the weekend!! Start yours off exactly the way you want, and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment