Tuesday, September 23, 2014

CHA-CHING!!!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 152 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 740.5 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 323.6 Money Found For Food Bank: $47.84

As the hedgehog would say, Happy Fall, Y'all!! It's Fall's first full day today, but I was all about celebrating its arrival last night!! I was so happy it was Fall that I completely whiffed even considering writing about my delight! By the time I even thought about it, it, simply put, was time to go to bed!

This is, hands down, my very favorite season!!It's crisp, it's cozy and it's colorful. WHAT MORE COULD ONE WANT?! Ahhhhh ... I Just. LOVE. It!!!

This morning's Fall kick-off run couldn't have been any better, either! As usual, the idea of it didn't particularly inspire me as I drug myself out of bed. And, as usual, I pushed away the idea  of the run and focused on knowing the actual participation in it would be well worth it. Indeed, I have to remind myself of that notion all the time. You'd think it would just get to a point of being so second nature that that's what I'm doing in the morning that I wouldn't have to convince myself that it's not going to be so bad. You'd think ... Anyway, from the first few steps, just being outside was all kinds of wonderful! It wasn't so chilly that I could see my breath, but the air was cool and not soul sucking like the temps of Summer.

Almost immediately upon starting, I found 11 cents which was a big deal today. Before heading out, I needed to find just 8 more cents to exceed how much money I found last year to donate to the Food Bank. Finding so much (19 cents in total) was truly something to get excited about today especially when I still have 7 or 8 weeks until donation day! WAHOO!! And, let's not forget: $25 of last year's $47.72 was paper money. As of right now, all money found this year is in change ! That explains why I have started stacking it as my temporary overflow system:
You can see the container below the gecko cage. That receptacle was the overflow for the Snoopy dog house bank I already stuffed full, and the coins in the blue container there are a bit precariously balanced to not just spill over ... It's a good problem to have!

Oh, and I had my first conversation with someone in a drive-thru this morning. So, there I was doing what I do, picking up shiny pennies, when a woman came to the window and opened up. She was older than I and just had the sweetest smile, so I am pretty confident she was about to congratulate me for my finds (it's happened before at other places. It's pretty amazing.). She appeared ready to chat, so, I told her what I was doing and why (I figured I'd have a better chance of being supported and not chased off on future runs if I just laid it out there). The woman was so very sweet and seemed very supportive, and just that little interaction was one of those random moments you're so glad you encountered during your day!

Who knew all of the good that can come from running?

With that, it's a short one tomorrow heading toward Friday's long run! I think Elly might just join me tomorrow. She has new Fall fashion to show off and all! Have a great first full day of Fall, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment