Friday, September 12, 2014

Head Games

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 146 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 707.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 306.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $45.86

Holy moly, 11 miles is so much easier to run when it's only this many outside!!
Three things dominated my thoughts today. Wait ... four things because I was not immune to seeing the beautiful flowers that are eeking out everything they can before Fall really takes over ...
- and -
A bounty of purple, and an explosion of many colors. No visual complaints from me today!

Okay, but here was the breakdown of thoughts:
  • When thinking about a situation that is currently annoying me, the run was a total drag. Darn-near a drudgery.
  • When thinking about something fun (like Aaron's birthday), the miles flew.
Coincidence on how the run felt as compared to what I was feeling? I think not.

And, the third thought: My friend Becky and her husband are going to cap off their Couch To 5K program tomorrow morning with their first-ever 5K event!!! They have been working very hard, slow and steady, and, tomorrow, they get to celebrate all of their work! SO PROUD OF THEM!!!!

That is a serious accomplishment both physically and mentally, and thinking about them gave me just the second wind I needed to keep going on my last three miles as I was inspired by their commitment and excitement! They win as soon as they step up to the starting line!

Not every step is easy, but every step is a win! Keep the mental game as positive as possible, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment