Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Get IN IT To Win It

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 144 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 693.2 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 306.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $45.80

I'm clearly in a mode of deeper thinking these days because the overriding thought on today's run was this:

You have to feel to really live.

There are so many ways I could try to generalize that sentiment, but I won't. I will offer, though, that I, personally, am grateful for the strength to go into and through the lowest of my life lows because feeling that was my signal and incentive to figure out what to do to get out of it. My nature is to cry when I'm stressed or upset, but those tears also put me in motion. They're not weak, as is a popular sentiment about we criers. Instead, those tears let me feel what is going on -- to be fully and completely in it. And, they are greasing the wheels for action, so, watch out because there's no stopping me after a good cry!

We're all pretty adept at the fun stuff, and, by and large, that's what most people seem to shoot for, myself included. But, sometimes, the hard stuff is necessary to do some internal and external house cleaning and to realign personal priorities so as to clear the path to the good stuff.

I could swing all of this around and directly apply it to running. But, I won't except to say that feeling seems to make people whole, and pushing hurt and pain away seems to leave a lot of holes. I remind you of my current Unbroken Tour ...

I don't remember a whole lot of this morning's run because I was long lost in thought and reflection. Elly was behaving herself, therefore, not much of a distraction, and I kept just enough focus to follow all traffic rules, find money and not fall down. Booyah.
Now, here's the best story of the day ... You know how Elly has decided she's all scared of big trucks, right? Okay, so, we were driving home, and she was co-piloting like she always does. I put her window down because I knew she was hot. We were in the left lane waiting at a red light when a big truck was slowing to pull up alongside us. The next thing I know, Elly bailed to the back seat ...
... terrified of the truck.

And, that's where she stayed for the remainder of the drive back home. *sigh*

Tomorrow's another short run! I'll check in after ... we'll just have to see about Elly!

No comments:

Post a Comment