Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Cupcakes Are Coming! The Cupcakes Are Coming!!!

Hey!! It's almost Friday!! And, exactly how is it that a week with a Monday off felt like a really loooooong week?! Well, no matter how it felt, it's almost behind us! But, there are still things to accomplish ... now and in the future!!

For the future, I took a minute yesterday to check my mileage against my year-end goal to see what I was facing post-Half. When thinking about reaching 1000 miles in the next 4 months, it felt a wee-bit daunting. But, instead of letting it scare me, I went for the facts: Calculator and actual numbers to the rescue!!

The calculated verdict: The rest of my training schedule encompasses 101.1 miles (In 4 weeks? Holy crap!) leaving me with 227 miles to cover by the end of the year.

My emotional assessment: MORE THAN DOABLE! In fact, it's going to allow for a less strenuous schedule than I had all Summer. SCORE!

How those miles will look took a turn for the WAY BETTER today when I opened my Facebook feed to see there is a new Virtual Cupcake Race a'comin'!!!! YAHOO!!! You know how I love me some virtual cupcake running!! There are no details as of yet except that it's in the works, so, I'll keep you posted!

This could not have come at a better time, by the way! I mean, what better way to spice up (or, should I say, sweeten up ?!) the miles to come?! And, that my virtual running partner extraordinaire Mary Kate and I have already been in contact about it? DOUBLE. THE. FUN!!!! She is a huge part of making these virtual runs so much fun, and she keeps me motivated!
So say the Dave Ramsey Facebook people.
Everyone needs his or her version of my virtual running partner extraordinaire. If you don't have one, get one. It makes everything better!

In the now, though, I have just a few weeks and, evidently!, 100 more miles before crossing the finish line of my next goal, and that means tomorrow's endeavor is a long run! We're having some weirdo weather, which I'm pretty certain is going to translate into some morning humidity getting all up in my biz, but I'll get on out there anyway!

Wrap up your Thursday the best way you can, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment