Sunday, September 28, 2014

Catch Up!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 155 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 788.1 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 327.2 Money Found For Food Bank: $50.10

Hey! I missed Saturday! Well, I didn't really miss Saturday as much as it was so jam-packed-full that I'm catching up on it today! Let's start by saying that I was up before 5 a.m., and I ran while it was still dark. Let's continue by saying I am never up by 5 a.m., and I most definitely do not run in the dark. Put those together, and you see what kind of day it was!!

To be clear, it was an awesome day which was started out with my run! From the get-go, I was totally feeling it. I kept my speed up motivated both by the desire to get out of the dark and wanting to get on with my day. The short run was a great way to shake out Friday's long one which is exactly what it's designed to do. 'Funny how things work the way someone who knows what they're talking about designed them to, huh?

I would like to note that running when it's mostly dark makes finding money much more difficult than when it's light out. Just sayin'. While more difficult, though, not impossible because I found 4 pennies within the first mile to take the Food Bank total at that point to $49 -- a most satisfying moment for sure. Also satisfying that early in the morning is that when you are running on the sidewalk, and you see someone walking toward you carrying a big stick (for real, it was at least 3 feet long ... and, for what ...?), there is no traffic getting in the way of crossing the street to create a comfortable d.i.s.t.a.n.c.e...

This was a 4-mile run, and at my 2-mile turn-around point, daylight broke. It was kind of like having two runs in one with equal distance in different lighting! That lighting did a lot of things from making me feel a bit more comfortable in my surroundings to allowing me to see something I'd actually run right over unnoticed just 20 minutes prior:
Wasn't I just saying how all of this year's found money was in
the form of change?! Sweet, sweet foldin' scratch!
Right before that, I'd also found a previously unnoticed dime. Booyah: The Bank wins! The tally is now more than $50!!

In addition to the perpetual hope of finding some cash, I was looking forward to the possibility of a great sunrise. It took until my third mile, but the skies did not disappoint:
Oooooo ...
Ahhhhhh ...
Running yesterday also allowed for two straight days of rest. This kid's not complaining about that!! Spend your Sunday doing what fills you up, and I'll check in tomorrow ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment