Sunday, June 1, 2014

These Six Feet Just Keep On Going ...

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 86 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 404.8 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 182.4 Money Found For Food Bank: $31.62

This came through my Facebook feed this morning compliments of the Go Girl series:
I suppose, then, that last night's bag of kettle corn at the festival was ill advised ...!
 
In fact, that was not the greatest running fuel for this morning (but, OMG, best festival experience and so much fun SO THERE). But, it wasn't terrible, and off Elly and I went anyway! It was 73 and kind of toasty, so I set sail with every intention of walking as much as Elly dictated. I was surprised at her willingness to keep going at a fairly decent pace, but I stopped every mile for water for both of us anyway. She doesn't tend to like things near her mouth, but she is very compliant when we force the issue, so I would squirt my mouth, then I'd squirt in hers. It's not optimal for her, but it's much better than nothing. And, if she were being honest, she'd tell you the water breaks were mighty refreshing. But, she's just focused on being forced into it. She's an expert contrarian.
 
At one of our breaks, I saw these ...
... while Elly saw this (look close!):
"I'm gonna get it!!"
Here's a better view if you didn't catch it:
Yeah, that bunny was gonna get it if Elly had her way. And, by "get it," I mean "solid sprint" because Elly would not have caught it! I like that about her; what am I going to do with a bunny especially on a run? I'll carry water ... money ... camera ... poo bags, empty or occupied ... but, I do not need a bunny in any form.

Our outing was a good one as we found a penny and ran in all of the shade we could find. I keep trying to figure out my week as to when I'll take a day off, and I've not figured it out yet. I honestly thought this morning's run would do me in to say, "THAT'S IT" for at least a day, but it felt really good to be out there! Will that feeling last? We'll see, but I'm taking advantage of it every day I have it!

Thanks for an unexpectedly awesome outing, my best, four-legged pal!
Let's see how tomorrow's run goes when I'm better fueled! I'll check in after! Enjoy every part of the rest of your Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment