Saturday, May 31, 2014

400

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 85 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 400.3 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 177.9 Money Found For Food Bank: $31.61

This morning's wasn't a run to see if I could do it, it was to see if I really wanted it. And, evidently, I did. I wanted to turn the running odometer to 400 miles for the year. Boo.Yah.
 
It wasn't as muggy as yesterday morning, but it was hot early. So, the middle of the run was hard fought. However, I was smart enough to give myself another destination to give the run a bigger purpose. And, today, it was more flamingo art:
Oh, how that made me want to find a beach!!
Of course, the peacock flamingo ...
... and, a gal having a really bad hair day!
This was my favorite ... very serene.
Of course, someone had to sport the bling!!
And, my vote -- similar to yesterday's --
for most creative!
Fortunately, around the 6th (of 9) mile this morning, I came upon a gas station where I could refill my much-needed water:
The most boring but probably one of the most important pics.
Ever.
It was the coldest water known to mankind ... and, it was delicious!!
 
I made it home with two pennies and standing upright. Not too shabby!
 
The real victory today isn't the number 400; it's that I could do it. I didn't even consider there was another possibility. The only consideration revolved around desire. That's a good place to be; the work to get here was worth it. It always is no matter the endeavor, isn't it?!
 
Tomorrow likely brings about another run, but I'll decide just where and how long then! I'll check in after and let you know what was what! See you then!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment