Sunday, June 8, 2014

Eightteen Years Has Lead To This

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 91 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 427.6 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 198.2 Money Found For Food Bank: $32.71

So, 18 years ago this morning, I sprung out of bed ready to get married! That's right, it's our anniversary! And, what better way to celebrate than with a morning run, right ?!?! You should know that right before I fell asleep last night, I said to Aaron, "You do know you're joining me on my run tomorrow," to which he immediately responded with a resounding, "WHUUUUUT ?" I totally caught him off guard.
 
That was cool, though, because the run caught my body off guard this morning, so we were even. My legs were screaming in the first half mile. I'd say it's about time for that break I've been promising myself ...
 
Before that actually comes to fruition, though, I am enjoying an unexpected bout of cooler mornings and seeing awesome, only-early-morning things such as this:
Check out the drops on only the edges of the leaves!
Our outing was super-splendid with lots of things to talk about while often giggling at the nonsense that is Elly while doing things only we would do like make a concerted effort to try and pry a penny out of asphalt that would likely go unnoticed by most normal people:
It didn't work, but we were hopeful!
It was a successful outing all the way around, most notably because we did it together. Yes, Elly, all of us!
With that, enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and I'll see you after the morning run! Unless it rains, then I'm blowing that noise off! Just sayin' ...

1 comment: