Monday, June 30, 2014

The Method To the Madness

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 102 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 482.9 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 234 Money Found For Food Bank: $34.73

Ahhh, the sittin' spot!
The very second I stepped outside, I knew the run was going to feel awful compliments of the very thick humidity. By temperature alone, I'd already decided Elly couldn't join me; The humidity was enough to make me want to turn right back around and wait for a better day! But, I was already up and out of bed, so what was the point. HA!

My method to cover those five miles was exactly that: Just cover them. I drank more water than usual, and I took shorter-but-more-frequent walk breaks. Pure determination with a splash of stubbornness took me over today's route. The desire to live toned down the pace and all expectations beyond just finishing!

Elly didn't understand why she was being left behind, but I'm pretty sure my return-home hug (and the heat radiating off of me on to her fur coat) clued in her instincts that staying home was the place to be!
I have no idea what the weather is supposed to be tomorrow, and I have no plans to intentionally find out! I'm going with 'ignorance is bliss' ... or, at least, ignorance will keep my mindset on getting up and running instead of figuring out an excuse to not!

I hope your Monday started off great, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment