Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Things Change Quickly Around Here!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 98 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 462.4 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 229 Money Found For Food Bank: $33.86

Okay, today started out much better than yesterday. Because I didn't fall on a cactus. (I bet you've never said that ...) Instead, Elly and I got to head out and go about our business like any other normal morning. And, that's the way I like it!

This five-mile morning thing is quickly catching traction. Every day, it falls even better into place. I've just about regained my post-Rest Week wheels, so I'd say I'm going to be completely good to go, both mentally and physically, by the start of next week. I'd say 'by tomorrow,' but, let's not be hasty.

I'm so glad Elly has gotten to join me, but those days are numbered for the Summer. We have a pretty good gig going on getting water in her via my water bottle, and she still pulls over to lick the dew off the grass while we run ...
See those drops on her nose? Those are the tell-tale signs that the girl has
been investigating or supplementing her water intake!
... but, neither will serve her well when the temps rise just a little bit more. We're enjoying it all while we can!
The biggest notable of the day is the ease at which the run happened just a day after I outted my inner conflict over how much do I really want to hit my mileage goal? And, let's face it, the only reason I'd question that is because something somewhere was either doubting I could or was recognizing it would be a pain in the can to make it happen. I still think there will be plenty of days when it'll be a pain, but any doubt I had that I wouldn't be able to sustain the miles is gone. Adios, unproductive thoughts seeping into my morning brain!

It was a really good run. But, we found no money. I can't always have it all!

As of yet, I still haven't decided what I'm doing in the morning. I need to sit and focus on the rest of the week to strategize the next Rest Day (you don't want to waste those!!). So, off I go to do some considering, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment