Saturday, June 28, 2014

Banking the Miles

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 101 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 477.9 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 234 Money Found For Food Bank: $34.71

Even though I wasn't entirely ready to get out there and hit it today, Elly was already up and stretching by the time I saw her:
"To the right! To the middle! To the left! I got this, mommy!"
Unfortunately for her, she totally wasted her stretching time because I had no intention of taking her with me. She could use the rest, and I could use the rest from managing her!

Besides, while it wasn't the worst running weather in the world, it was starting to get thick out there. That's barely good for a girl much less for a puppy! All I really wanted today was to log my miles, and get on with my day!

Oh, and I thought I was running a full 5 miles today until I got home and mapped it to be sure only to find out it was four and a half. Man, no wonder I was so fast! Aaron was all kinds of impressed that I showed up to my pick-up spot when I did. Now we know why! That's alright, I could tell him I slowly strolled a mile, and he'd root me on anyway!
Okay, has his head always been that much larger than mine?
Good cheerleaders are hard to come by, so make sure you're surrounded by some of the good ones!

Even though it was accidently cut shorter than intended, today's run was a good, solid one (helps to not be tethered by the pooch, just sayin'), and I found 45 cents. Ya and Hooooooo!! And, in two weeks' time, I'm ahead of mileage schedule by 4.5 miles which will one day amount to a surprise day off! That's totally why I'm banking extra miles now while I feel like it -- so I can gift myself a day when I'm not!

Tomorrow is time to regroup and rest, so that's what's on my agenda! May your Sunday be full of nothing but good, and I'll see you as it unfolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment