Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Difference a Day Makes

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 90 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 423.1 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 193.7 Money Found For Food Bank: $32.32

Okay, the computer crisis seems to be simmering down while, reportedly, our stuff is being retrieved thanks to people who know how to do that sort of thing and to those who developed doing that sort of thing, both of which I know nothing about. So, I tip my hat to those who understand the computer biz because I just don't.

As you see, there are no visual aides for today's entry, so things aren't back together yet. But, we're getting there. I need to draw on that pool of patience I have when running distances. Yeah, I'm needing to take and reapply my own advice. Ugh. I hate that. It's kind of like when I trip over something on the floor only to find out it's my own crap that I didn't pick up.

ANYWAY, while Computer Crash 2014 was starting to resolve, this girl went on a run. It was in the upper 60s and cloudy with the clouds being key to a happy run given the humidity was so high. I left Elly behind because I wanted to run a longer distance, plus, I grew weary this week of the 60-pound resistance training she was providing. Truly, she was due for a rest anyway. And, that worked well for me!

I ran my little heart out today. Over those seven miles, I actually ran with some semblance of speed (read: effort). Between the clouds shielding me from the sun and being on my own unencumbered by the pooch, I just felt like going as strong as I could while the opportunity presented itself given the temperature/weather swings of late. Once Summer settles in, I'm confident there won't be many reports of a speedy 7-miler. Or, of a 7-miler for that matter. Just being real.

I think I'm going to like having a weekly goal and seeing how it fits in as I go. Of course, I've only been at it a week, and it took me the entire week to even correctly do my math, so we'll see how it all works out!

Oh, before signing off for a RESTFUL Friday (oh, yeah ... resting tomorrow!), I want to report another 20 cents for the Food Bank was found today, all in pennies. All of it. I guess there were a few stops along that speedy route, huh?!

I'm thankful to have found an activity that helps me recenter. We all need that certain something, don't we?! Find yours if you don't have one. If you do, use it. You deserve that slice of the day that's just yours ...

Have a great slide into Friday, and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment