Saturday, June 7, 2014

Unexpected Music To My Ears

I had every intention of running this morning. And, then, right when I planned to pry myself out of bed, I heard thunder. And, it was music to my ears.

I did ponder (very shortly) treadmillin', but as I worked on waking up, I realized my legs felt better from a day of rest than they've felt in a long time. And, given yesterday's rest was the first after (I believe) a week straight of running, I thought a two-day stretch of rest was a good call.

And, it totally was. Not long after that distant roll of thunder, it was barely sprinkling, and I saw on the television radars that there was no storm in the area. 'Seemed like a great morning for a walk with my best girls!!
I'm a lucky mama to have a teen who
sprung out of bed on a Saturday morning
when asked if she wanted to join me!
It sprinkled or rained on us almost the whole time, but it was almost refreshing. Even Elly didn't complain and found fun ways to spend her outing like when she stared down a cat who was staring her down.
We all know who would win that one.

It was nice to be out and about with these two for no other reason than I just wanted to be with them. No miles counted. No time considered. Just because.

What wasn't nice was Elly's smell when we were finished. Wet dog is wet dog no matter how cute. Even Elly.
She doesn't like being wet (even though she was the one who walked through a big puddle like a boss), but she does love her post-rain rub downs:
"It's like being at the spa. Totally worth getting rained on!"
"This girl's about to get a big, sloppy
thank-you slurrrrrp!"
Today's walk was fabulous for the activity but moreso for the company! Tomorrow, though, it's time to run! I'll see you after!

Computer status: still sucks. Looking forward to getting the one back that I understand and that understands me. Oh, yes, I said it. It understands me.

No comments:

Post a Comment