Friday, June 27, 2014

Seriously, What's Her Problem

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 100 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 472.4 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 234 Money Found For Food Bank: $34.26

Today marks 100 days run in 2014 for me!! Yahoo!! To be honest, it really doesn't mean too much other than it's a nice, round number. So, let's move on!

Before heading out, I had 7 miles to run to keep on track with my weekly goal. That really amounts to one more 5-miler and a 2. But, I'm still in the mood to keep the mileage up, so I'm going to keep going with 5s and bank the extra miles for later potential use (read: cushion for some random day when I'm over it). That's what was in my head.

But, Pit Crew #2 had no idea what was in my head when I saw she'd just awakened when I was ready to head out, and I asked her if she wanted to join me. I was all kinds of upbeat about it to make it sound like it was going to be the most awesome outing ever and that she really didn't want to miss out on it. It totally worked ... even when I totally evaded the, "How far are you going?" question!

While she got ready, I got ready our amenities before leashing up the dog. Lizzy decided she wanted to be a part of the action:
"If the canine goes, I go. Right? RIGHT?!"
We headed out only to find out the reported 74 degrees felt nothing like 74 degrees. It was so gross out!! It necessitated slowing down for Elly, and that worked well for PC#2 since, upon stepping out the door, I sprang the distance on her. With the kind of humidity we had, and with this being her first longer run in many months, I already planned where the walk and water breaks would be, so all of that plus the slower pace made it a decent outing for all.

Regardless of my plans, PC#2 was pretty much over it by the half way mark. So, she took advantage of some sprinklers!
Ahhhhhhhh ...
She's also the one who spied the biggest coin of the run (a quarter ... we found 37 cents total!), and she was the first to see the live turtle, so I'm not sure what her problem was (hahaha):
Elly was eager to investigate ...
... but, like every time she sees a turtle, she quickly gets bored!
And, yes, I did specifically note we saw a 'live'
turtle ... can't tell you how many I've seen since
Spring began that didn't make it across the road.
I figured this little guy saw the same unfortunate turtle souls
I have because he cruised ... just to get away, he turned to go
back to the middle of the street, so PC#2 turned him the right
way before we continued on.
By the way, about a half mile later, PC#2 accidently kicked a turtle. It was already dead just not squished. Not many people can say they've kicked a turtle.

For real, her run was full of excitement! I'm going to have to remind her of that the next morning I announce it's a great day for a run before she's even out of bed!

In our last mile, there was one more walk break planned. When I looked ahead to let PC#2 know the marker where it would begin, the girl cruised. I mean, her pace kicked up a few notches, and she was in it to win it! She hit that marker and put on the breaks. Nothing was keeping her from getting to the walk break as fast as possible!

I was down with that:
I had a great time with my girls this morning! I think PC#2's going to pass in the morning, though. And, that's okay! One more for the week to go! I'll check in after!

No comments:

Post a Comment