Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Duped

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 88 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 412.1 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 189.7 Money Found For Food Bank: $32.12

Holy smokes, we got duped today!! I checked the temperature before heading out, and it read 69 degrees. The rub was that there was not a cloud in the sky (full-on sun) and we are expecting a storm today, so it. was. HUMID. It never occurred to me that 69 degrees under any condition would feel that awful. I didn't even consider using a headband to wick sweat away, so my eyeballs just loved that.

And, if it was awful for me, you know it was not great for Elly. And, she let me know it. Suffice it to say, we did a not-so-smooth jog-walk routine today, but we managed. Elly doesn't help herself by putting her energy toward being super-afraid of trucks. She doesn't just get scared hearing them coming, she also tends to look for trouble ...
Didn't your mama ever teach you not to
look for trouble? Oh ... wait ...
By the time we were within a half mile of our stopping point, I put an end to any pace above a stroll to make sure Elly was okay. She was quite the trooper today:
Elly Jelly Belly.
Endurance Dog Extraordinaire.
Indeed, I was caught completely off guard by the weather today, and that will not happen again any time soon. It's time to start stepping outside to see what it's like instead of relying on the temperature!

And, tomorrow? We'll see ... it's supposed to rain. If it rains, I'm resting and getting caught up on the tornado that seems to have gone through my world and upheaved all semblance of organization! No rain? This girl's running! Either way, there's a plan! And, sometimes, that's about all one can ask for! Have a great rest of your Tuesday, and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment