Monday, June 9, 2014

So Right and So Wrong ...

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 92 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 433.3 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 204.9 Money Found For Food Bank: $32.75

Happy Monday!! Who's all about Monday?!!!!

Okay, that's the way I would like to feel on Mondays, but, on this one, I was just beat!! It was a super-full day, and I'm pretty whipped! But, it started off just right with a run!

Wait ... did I say 'just right'? I mean, it started out just fine  by my doing what I promised myself I would do which was to run. And, some days, that promise is the only motivator that gets my engine started!! I've also promised myself a week's worth of rest, and that is just one. run. away! Whee!!

Again, my legs were weary at the onset, but everything fell into place just before Elly and I hit our second miles. You should know that up to that point, I wasn't even at the Puppy Pace ... I was behind  the Puppy Pace! Now, that's pretty awesome for Elly because she does like to pretend she's in charge, but it sent all kinds of signals to me that this stretch of rest is well timed!

Speaking of rest, allow me to note the most interesting thing I saw on this morning's run, but it was something I dared not take a picture of ... it was a dude sound asleep (aka: probably passed out) on top of a business's air conditioner unit. For real. It was a little creepy. That kind of scene can scar a girl. I initially saw him at the beginning of a loop that amounts to almost a mile when I get back to its beginning. He was still there upon our return. I still didn't take a picture. It just seemed ... wrong.

Oh, but here's what was very right ... in addition to finding four pennies and a BB, I spent a lot of time entertained by Elly's waggy tongue.
"First the pace, then the tongue wag. I'm totally here for you,
mommy!!"
When it goes sideways, I can't help but laugh. Every. Time.
"Yup, here for you in every way, mommy! Later, I'll give you
a big ol' sluuurrrrrrrpp !!"
This is probably a great time to congratulate Elly for turning the 200-mile mark today!! WAHOO!! Super-good doggie!!!

Tomorrow, we give it all one more push before taking a break from the degree to which we've been pushing ourselves! I think we're due! With that, I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment