Thursday, May 8, 2014

It's That Simple

And, THIS is why I LOVE the Ultramax Go Girl series!
That is the picture they posted today, and that is truly what the series is all about! When I registered for their 5K two years ago, I liked the idea of a run focused on women, but I went into it assuming there was still a "real" focus on "real" runners.

Having done the 5K, getting my super-swag finisher's wine glass and getting out, I didn't get the full picture of their mission. After having done last year's Half, I totally get it. At least, I get what I think it is based on my own experience and observations. And, that bottom line is that it is good and important and fun to celebrate a big accomplishment! No matter how you look, no matter how you looked doing it (the race photographers will be more than happy to capture those sad moments for you!) ...
... no matter how capable (or not) you feel, no matter how fast or slow. Just do it. And, most important, be proud of it because it's something to be proud of!

Speaking of super heroes, check out my Man of Steel as he carried home a desk I bought at the garage sale bonanza last weekend:
A fabulous addition to the scrapbook room
where I can immortalize my running
adventures with colored pens and sparkly
stickers ... the pages look flashy even if
I wasn't feeling it at the time!
He would have had help, but we were still shopping. True story.

So, tomorrow's forecast leaves in question where the run will take place, but that it will take place is solid! I'll check in after 11 are behind me! See you then! In the meantime, don't forget to be your own hero!!

No comments:

Post a Comment