Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Speedy Outing

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 73 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 317.1 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 149.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $28.33

The weather cooperated for Elly this morning, so, in what seems like it's-been-forever, she got to come with me! Wheee!! She was most helpful, too:
Almost all of those dots are coins!! Booyah!
There was quite a stash of cash strewn in that area! I looked at it as my reward on behalf of the Food Bank for cruising up a big hill I've not ascended for many months. In fact, I completely forgot about that hill until I got to it and there was no turning back! I celebrated my ascent at the top, and we kept on going!

And, isn't that always the key? The celebration? (You thought I was going to say the "keep on going" part.) Yes, the perseverance is totally necessary, but a little victory dance never hurt anyone!

Oh, totally off topic: Isn't it interesting how there's always that one day in the Spring when the helicopter seeds all come tumbling down? (That day is usually right after I mulch all of my gardens, so the mulch job looks like crap. This year's mulching procrastination paid off, just sayin' ...) Anyway, these last 24 hours have been exactly that day, so they were all over the place this morning!
I loved this one with its multiple colors. (It didn't land on my
shoe, I just put it there to show it off better!)
I was glad for this run to be the short one. Not only did it mean I got to take Elly, but I sped it up to get home in time to cut the grass before it got too hot. I'll speed up a 3-miler! Any further, and the grass would have waited for days!
"That's right, mama, we rocked that thing!"
And, with that, we REST tomorrow!! I'll check in from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment