Saturday, May 17, 2014

If It Ain't Broke ...

I had every intention today of taking care of one of the biggest details to which we tend before a Half Marathon: The Shirt. But, the more I thought about it, the more I couldn't settle on what I wanted! And, given it's a custom-print shirt, it's not cheap. Therefore, I want it to be right!

The short of the story is that, especially for this particular, women-focused, bling-it-up run, I couldn't think of anything better than what we made last year:
It doesn't get much better than that.
So, guess what ... that's what I'm wearing again! It's my very favorite of all shirts we've made, so I may as well put it to its very best use ... blinging it up along the route!

Besides, it will go well with the finisher's medal. Check it out in the foreground of this picture from one of their recent Expo visits:
So, for the first time, I've passed on the shirt indulgence! I'm certain I can find another fabulous use for the shirt money at this (or October's!) Expo, just sayin' ...

Speaking of awesome Expo finds, a number of runs ago (weird that I've now done enough that I have no idea which one was which on some things!) when I received a number of samples of Downy "Unstopables" good-smelling-booster stuff for your laundry. I received four sample packs that I spread out using over years (first because I forgot about them, then because they smelled SO AWESOME that I wanted to use them when I really really really wanted to). And, finally yesterday, I splurged for a supply:
You don't need much to make your whole load smell awe-sommmmmmmmmme ...
Maybe a little more than that ... but, not much!
Yesterday also proved how little time I actually spend in the laundry aisle of a store ... there are a ton of these products and scents out there! I probably would have known that had it not taken me about two years to use four sample packs. But, sometimes, it takes me a while!

Anyway, for the many times I mention how smelly I get running, I wanted to share a product I've found to counter that issue! There aren't many sample things I get that I actually end up using, so this seemed worth a mention!

And, tomorrow? It's the last 4-miler before the big run! I really can't believe this is happening again in a week ... but, here we go into the home stretch! It'll be a great way to start Sunday!
So it says on the "I Love To Run" Facebook page!
I'll check after we're finished! Right now, I have some of that awesome black bean-quinoa dish to consume! 'See you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment