Sunday, May 4, 2014

Much Ado, Much Ado ...

Happy May the Fourth, 'May the Fourth Be With You,' all that stuff today!

It's been a very long time since we've had both a nice weather weekend plus the outlook for a full week of the same! Tan lines are returning, cheeks are getting sun kissed ... perhaps Spring is ready to settle in for just a wee bit before we get slapped with summer?!

And, although I was a bit torn on running in the much warmer weather yesterday (since I'm not yet used to it), going ahead and running yesterday was the best weekend decision I made! After a long morning and a very full rest of the day, it was nice to pack everything in so today could be left for such things as ... my continued shoe string hunt!

You may recall, my new shoes rock on the feeling and structure but suck on the visual. They are boys' shoes, and I am a girl, so that doesn't really add up. Mama wants some blingy laces!!
It turns out, glittery orange shoe laces are more difficult to find than I would have ever guessed! I thought I hit the jackpot on Amazon until finding out the ones I wanted might not arrive until well after the next Half. What's the point of that?! *SIGH*

There are plenty ... PLENTY ... of neon orange options in almost every store around, though. So, having been defeated by the bling, I look forward to the pair I'm going to get for Mother's Day after dropping a few hundred hints that I want them.

Yes, this is much ado about nothing, but I've figured out a way to make the most extraneous things matter when it comes to running! Hey, you do what works. Or, in this case, doesn't!

All is not lost, though, as I leave you with a funny from the Walking Facebook page. And, unlike the drama of the laces which warrants no drama or, otherwise, attention, this is actually funny ...:
Tomorrow's another Rest Day! I'll check in from there ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment