Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday's Frolic

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 85 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 391.4 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 177.9 Money Found For Food Bank: $31.59

It was a disappointing morning for the pooch:
"I tried to convince her to take me. OH, how I triiiiiiiied ..."
It was one of those mornings where I wish she could understand more than, "Not today, Elly." She gets that. She didn't get that it was because I love her that I wasn't taking her. It was almost 70 degrees, and it. was. muggy. Bleh!!
 
So, the poor thing was left behind while I went on my morning adventure. This morning's run was mentally routed based on particular targets (something Aaron saw that you're about to) and -- of course -- money scoping, but I was totally off on its mileage. I thought I would end up running about 4 miles, and it turned out to be 6. That made me feel a little better for feeling and looking like this ...
Just keepin' it real.
... because I was starting to wonder if there was more wrong with me than just the fact that I didn't bring water with me. (Note to self: Just bring it unless the mileage is certain. And, by 'certain', I mean mapped out and not  estimated. Clearly, I'm not good at that.)
Run the Edge warned us about this this morning on Facebook.
At least I knew where  I was going ... and, I just had to see these so I can also show my flamingo-lovin' dad!!
He sees your every move ...
Here's the face of the one above ... you might note the original
eyeballs were removed for artsy eyeball replacement. Cool
and gross all at the same time. Oh, but look at the one in the
background ... SPARKLY!!
The sparkly bird's face.
To know me is to know without my saying so that this is my
personal fave ... looooove the colors!
My vote for most creative! ROAR ...
After the flamingo fiesta, I ran through a number of metered areas ultimately resulting in 28 more cents for the Food Bank! In one of the spots, there were a handful of families hanging out by their cars pretending not to try and figure out what I was doing. I just wanted to say, "Watch and learn ..." I thought better of it, though, because, really, they didn't care.
 
I cared a lot that I was getting really hot, though. So, I distracted myself with a little bit of nature ...
How very To Kill a Mockingbird ...
The baby bunny let me get quite close because, evidently, that
clover was scrumptious.
The distractions were good, but I also took a short walk break in what turned out to be the 5th mile. There was simply no need to torture myself nor overdo it. Especially with no water. I'd already been mighty surprised at my faster-than-expected pace (funny how different it is when my favorite, four-legged friend isn't with me), so it was best I chilled at some point. Besides, I had to grocery shop immediately after (another reason Elly couldn't go), so I didn't want to be all weird and wonky in the middle of the story. Being messy and smelly was enough (yeah ... they love me).
No real need to be nice about it; I really really really
smelled really really bad ...
So, that's 6 miles in the books which brings the mid-year total in a very doable hit-400 by June 1 range. That's not the worst idea I've ever had. It's not necessarily the most awesome, either, so I have a bit of thinking to do tonight about what I want to do tomorrow. It'll be a surprise to everyone (including to myself), so I'll check in with the outcome tomorrow! Have a great start to your weekend, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment