Monday, May 19, 2014

Oh, Yes. THIS.

So, yesterday, I said I would explain this:
How's this for an explanation?!
In what is arguably the very worst sewing job known to man*, Elly has herself a seriously swaggin' bandana to celebrate the week of the Go Girl run!

And, I made a hair thing to accompany that will get its trial runs tomorrow and Wednesday:
Just take a scrunchie thingie you don't want to wear, and sew
some new fabric over it! It's easy. WAY easier than that
bandana fiasco!
While she doesn't get to run with me, Elly might get to see me en route. So, of course, I had to make sure she was dressed appropriately! Besides, it keeps the excitement brewing!

It's a short run tomorrow!! Elly and I will check in after; see you then!

* The sewing thing. Seriously. It's like this: I was aware that some fabrics are much more difficult to sew than others. I am not well versed as to why this happens, I just heard a rumor about it somewhere in my life. Well, I was determined to take my time with this 90% polyester-10% spandex blend because I really wanted to use it. It turns out, my sewing machine (or, is that sewing skills?) wasn't interested in my patience nor my determination because it threw an attitude with every stitch, and there was nothing I could do about it.
So, I did the only thing I could do which was to sew the four sides by hand. It's an awful job aesthetically because, apparently, the material itself really didn't care about my determination, either. However, it got done, and it looks beautiful on Elly. I call that: Mission Accomplished.

By the way, it took me at least an hour more to sew that sucker than it will take me to run on Saturday. And it made my back hurt. It's a good thing I took up running and not sewing ... just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment