Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mental Scramble

I know you can relate to this: Everything is going along fine and you have the basics of your world under control when BAM suddenly everything feels higgly piggly and everything feels overwhelming like you'll never feel normal and under control again and there was no real apparent reason for this internal shift it just happened out of the blue.

And, then you write a run-on sentence about it because it's therapeutic.

That's precisely how I feel right now, this very minute. There are too many pieces scurrying around in my brain, and I need them to relax! None of it is out of the ordinary, and every bit of it is manageable. It's just daily to-dos that need doing. But, right now, it's all in a mental pile.

It's not unlike how I sometimes feel before a long run or a Half Marathon, by the way, when all of the training suddenly feels inadequate, and like the miles in front of me are totally and completely undoable without dropping somewhere in the middle of the route. Yeah, those thoughts still happen, but, like right now with the things I have to do, I rely on a solid history of success, and I forge on!

I'm pretty certain this will happen in the morning, though ...
... and, I'm pretty certain, I'm going to take her lead! It will be a good excuse to just take some time out to chill, and it will be a great way to start the day! I'll check in after! You know, to confirm I didn't just stop and drop somewhere in the middle! 'See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment