Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Another Plan Turned Upside Down!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 77 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 340.5 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 158.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $29.32

I just walked in from my run when my brother called. Part of our conversation went like this:

My Brother: I have my 100-miler this weekend ...
Me: Oh! I didn't realize that was already here. 'Ready?
My Brother: Yeah ... this one's going to be a tough one.
Me: By the very fact that it's a 100-miler, being a "tough one" is implied!

Just. Sayin'. !!

This isn't his first one, it has some kind of wicked climb within it, and he is already convinced he's going to re-roll the ankle he rolled a few months ago. Sounds like a good time ... hahaha.

Do you think if you run 100 miles that
you are coherent enough to see some-
thing like this along the way? You are
if you jog 3 with a pound hound slow-
ing your groove!
On the flip side of this 100-miler business, I almost skipped this morning's 3-miler of mine. I felt completely justified (and not in that fake, made-really-great-excuses way, but truly justified) missing this one because I have a very physically demanding day tomorrow (for real), and my 12-miler on Friday. So, in the context of the whole week, missing the shortest one was hardly going to matter.

But, then this morning, I just wanted to go. I knew I'd feel better for the whole day if I even got in a quick run. And, if I'm being completely honest, I wanted to keep ticking away at the year's mileage count. The way I have it figured right now, without doing any actually figuring ... because that's how I often roll ... , is that I'm just behind in my end-of-the-year goal of 1,000 miles. I have no doubt I can make it if I really feel like it. And, this morning, I really felt like going. And, so we did.

But, wouldn't it have been funny if my brother had called and mentioned his upcoming 100-miler and my response to him be that I blew off my morning 3?! HA!

It wasn't even 50 degrees, so you know Elly had herself a lovely time. She fully participated in being scared of the big trucks behind us, she almost walked out into the middle of the street for no apparent reason, she stubbornly crammed her nose into the scented trail left by something gross, I'm sure else, and she decided today was the day to investigate a parking garage we've passed countless times. We didn't go in it, but she gave it a try.

When not wrangling the dog, I had a lovely time as well. I even purposely walked a stretch right in the middle of the run just so I could check out some parking meters. It paid off with a few pennies, but I would have been just as happy had it not. Since I almost didn't run at all, walking a stretch felt awesome!

The Food Bank will benefit from this run because, in addition to the pennies I found, I snagged these:
These coins have very different tales to tell (the one on the
right is from 1967!)!
Every dollar donated to the Food Bank translates into 15 pounds of food, or 11-12 meals. From this outing alone, that's almost 6 meals. That is a great morning run!

Tomorrow is definitely a rest from running as I have a ton of work to do! But, I'll be sharing what I had for dinner last night that I credit for the spring in my step this morning!! Tune in -- it's so yummy that I can't wait for its leftovers tonight! I'll see you then ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment