Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Magic Number

As you might recall, I went to the dentist today instead of running.
I have never minded going to the dentist, though, so it was fine. And, it needs to be done. So ... there.

In the meantime, I finally made myself sit down and figure out how to work the rest of the calendar year so as to hit that 1,000-mile goal for the end of the year. I started to drive myself crazy trying to figure out just how many miles to run on what days to make this happen. Fortunately, I finally realized it was ridiculous to lock myself in to that kind of detail for the rest of the year. During a specific training window, it's one thing. When the miles can vary day by day, it's entirely another. Besides, the schedule I was creating looked monotonous and boring and it just wasn't going to inspire me.

So, I finally got smart. I scheduled the training days for the Fall Half, then I figured out which weeks remained to use for variable running. From there, I figured out how many miles a week I needed to average, but I've left the specifics up to scheduling as I go. Wow ... how very caution-to-the-wind of me ...

Anyway, I now have it set so I can figure out what to do for the week instead of what to do for the entire summer and late Fall. I can't tell you how refreshing that feels!

Oh, and the magic, week's average number of miles:
A totally doable challenge!
I didn't even factor in the other two days in May I will use to run, so those miles will be called bonus buffer. Fab!!

Tomorrow's a very busy day, and, while not restful, it is a rest from running day. It's going to feel good to get back out there on Friday, but I'll check in before! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment