Friday, May 2, 2014

Oh, Yes I Can

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 70 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 305.1 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 146.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $27.30

As I was getting ready to walk out the door this morning for my run, I let out a sigh. It wasn't really a dramatic sigh (because, believe you me, I can pull that off!), but it was, shall we say, expressive. Aaron started giggling and asked, "What was that for?" to which I replied with regard to my 10 miles, "I don't wanna." With a big hug, he said, "You've already done the hardest part -- you got out of bed!"

Fast forward, and let me tell you that these exact words in Aaron's voice went through my head at Mile 9. That's also when I had a wee urge to punch Aaron in the face.

But, let's face it, who do I not want to slug once I approach double digits? Up 'til then, the run was better than I anticipated especially given how I felt yesterday! It's not that there's anything wrong, it's that the days between Spring Break and the end of school feel like someone floored the accelerator of life, and I work harder than normal to keep track of the dailies! So, why not sign up for two Half Marathons during that stretch of life? Nice planning!

I'm also thankful that my current issues are normal things. They're not even really issues, it's just life and it's tiring! And, that's soooooo  much better than hurting a leg or straining a back or slugging it out through a Winter that wouldn't stop. Just. Sayin'.

Today's run was not only quite good physically (quite good was more than good enough for me today!), but it was like a purple mountain's majesty. But, without the mountain. Spring sprung all sorts of fantastic purple visions from irises to phlox to lilacs, my eyes were full of the goodness!!
I'm definitely in that mode right now where I feel like I can do the miles I've scheduled for that day, but no more. That makes it difficult to envision adding them back up to 13, so I have a perpetual dichotomy in my head of, "Yes, I can. I can what ? Yes, I can. I'm gonna do whuuuuut ?!" I've been through this cycle before ... many times. Fortunately, I have enough behind me that I can easily trust what's in front!

I had just gotten past thinking about this very topic when I ran by a man with his dog. They were just meandering; an outing for the two of them. At one point, the man reached down to give his dog some pats on the side, and I'm certain he was saying something along the "good doggie" lines. And, at that very moment, my heart squished, and I wished Elly was with me!! She should not have been with me on this distance, but I suddenly missed her! That's why, when I got home, I had to have some finish pics with her because, clearly, she was with me along the way even though she was actually pouting at home.
She was mighty glad to see me!
No more pouting here!
Just, plain happy!
Today's run was appropriately rewarded with a super-spectacular lunch! I'd gotten these at the Rock the Parkway Expo ...
... and, we have friends who are hopelessly devoted to Chipotle, so I got some coupons for us and for them. Double date time!! And, we ate:
That is my salad, and I make no apologies for taking that bad
boy down! I'm somewhat surprised I took time to talk because
I was so very hungry! I get like that after the double digit runs.
And, tomorrow? WE REST!! It's been a very long week!! It's been chock full of great stuff, but it's been long and draining nonetheless!! So, I'm looking forward to some time to chill!

Find some down time to kick start your weekend, and I'll check in on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment