Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Accidental Brilliance If I Say So Myself

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 81 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 363.1 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 168.7 Money Found For Food Bank: $30.90

Ohhhhhhh, this puppy ...
"Iiiiiiii'm so awesoooooooome!"
* Picture taken in the rear view mirror compliments of Pit Crew #2. No, I did not take that while driving. I'm not an idiot.

That girl had a wonderful time driving to our start point this morning! All of the skin around her mouth and her ears were flying in the wind, and she just had a great drive!

The drive was better than her run which I'm reasonably certain I can chalk up to a very warm, very humid morning. It hit me pretty hard, so I know it nailed her. There was more traffic on this morning's route than yesterday's, so she kept her jog going (motivated by her fear of not understanding traffic and the concept of streets vs. sidewalks), but I think she would have been just as happy with a quick potty walk and return home to nap the day away!

While I did have some sympathy for her, all I could do was tell her, "Elly, the only way to stop is to keep on going." And, then I realized how amazingly profound that statement was, and I basked in my brilliance for the rest of my run.

Oh, don't worry. My egocentric ways came around and bit me in the butt before the run ended. Because I was lost in my thoughts, I completely whiffed one of the turns I was to make to actually get to the aforementioned stop. Whoops.

But, was it the universe coming around to bite me on that one? Or, was it actually a redirection for the purpose of putting me in the path of some pennies that had been strewn on the sidewalk? Tough call. I think "dual meaning" is appropriate, and we can move on!

And, move we did whether one of us liked it or not! I, for one, had a lovely outing. Even with a very contrary running partner:
"And, by 'contrary' you mean 'cute', right
mommy?"
With that, it's two days of down time before the big run on Saturday!! I'm totally ready, and I cannot wait! But, there are things to do between now and then, so I'll check in tomorrow! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment