Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Today's Run Brought To You By the Letter S ...

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 72 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 314.1 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 146.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $28.04

I don't have a story to tell today as much as I have topics to share. So, here we go:

Stretching Fail: The moral of this particular story topic is that when you stretch, you should partake in the activity for which you stretched soon after stretching took place. Participating almost 30 minutes after stretching kind of defeats the purpose of stretching to the point it actually backfired on me (as, when I started running, my muscles were all, "Wait a minute, we thought we were finished!!") *sigh* So, I finally stretch for a single-digit run, and I mess it up. Nice!

Strangers: Elly couldn't come with me today because I had to grocery shop immediately after running, and it was too warm to leave her in the car. I missed her, though, when I passed a dude walking on the sidewalk. He was well ahead of me, but, right when I caught up to him, he did a u-turn. His turn was a little wobbly, and my immediate guess was he was a little tipsy. Being at a very busy intersection, I was not alarmed. But, still. I'm always less concerned when I have my fierce beast with me.

Disclaimer: In fairness, he could have looked the way he did because he turned and got the sun in his eyes. And, that he was looking down the whole time, well, who is this coinoscopic vision girl to judge. And, let us not forget that a volunteer approached me after I crossed the finish line at one of my Half Marathons because the look on my face told him I was about to pass out and die. So, looks can be deceiving ... I still think he was tipsy, though ...

Seeking Shade: Did I mention it was warm out?! Actually, I mentioned it was too warm to leave Elly in the car for any stretch of time, but I'm confident your deductive reasoning skills kicked in! I made every effort to find all possible shade on this morning's route even if that meant crossing the same stretch multiple times just to get to it. I found this in a shady spot, though ...
And, can I just show you the branch right above this patch?!
I got home not only to a very waggy dog but also to a kitty who had no interest at all in finding a shady spot ...
And, moments later ...
And, about an hour later ...
Oh, back to the run ... It was a good one especially once my muscles got on board with loosening back up. Besides, I found all of this:
That's 74 more cents for the Food Bank! And, a marble-pebble
thing ... because, why not? (And shoes that really, really need
a neon splash of color ...)
Tomorrow's the week's short run! It'll be short enough and early enough that I'm certain my canine pal will be able to accompany me! We'll check in after!

No comments:

Post a Comment