Sunday, May 18, 2014

So Much For Something New ...

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 79 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 356.2 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 161.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $30.66

I was super excited to get on with today's run because I found a new path to investigate! The temperature was awesome, I had a spring in my step (that I can only continue to credit to that black bean-quinoa treasure of a meal) and not only was Elly joining me, but so was my favorite running pal! What a morning we were sure to have!

We started with Elly being her usual fool self with regard to spazing out when she thinks the leash is about to be presented. We got a double dose of spaz because I wanted to also change her bandana which she loves. Don't let this pose fool you ...
"Maybe I'm a spaz because I'm all naked."
... because she gets all wiley and makes a big game out of keeping her body still while you tie it on. That makes it difficult for her daddy to get it on right. See?
The girl is sagging.
After a quick adjustment and another round of puppy tap-dance to get the leash on, we were on our way!

Out of the gate we found a bright, green BB to add to our collection before we got to the real show of the morning. Ta-Da!
Elly was thoroughly enjoying the new scenes ...
I'm sure there were all kinds of new smells here. For instance, deer ...
Between the cooler morning and the abundant shade ...
... we were having a lovely outing!
And, then, without warning, there came this!
Can you even believe that noise?! I'm sure there is a reason for it, but I have not a clue as to what. None! But, with no real choice, we turned around.
All was not lost on our way back as we saw this fella swoop overhead and land for a spell:

"Stop looking at me, or I'm going to swoop down there and
try to eat your dog."
"Oh, never mind."
It was a bit disappointing to not go as far on the path as I planned but not nearly as annoying as getting home to find a tick crawling up my leg that I'm certain I received along the path! GROSS! And, EW!! Between that, the no-dogs-past-here biz and the dead turtle in the grass at the beginning of the walk (the very one I took a picture of* as I said, "Oh, awesome! Someone saved it!" only for Aaron to investigate and tell me the turtle was not so much with the life), you'd think this run was a total bust. But, the middle was really quite excellent.

* Picture deleted immediately upon understanding of its status ...

So, all was not lost. But, I won't be heading back to that path any time soon. If I can't go with the pooch, we'll just take our business elsewhere!

With that, we rest tomorrow at which point I will check in and let you know what this is all about:
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment