Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Just Being Real

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 80 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 359.7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 165.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $30.72

This is both cute and pretty true for me:
And, if I'm being really honest, Elly was pretty much only an accessory today on our run (if that's what you want to call it!)! She had all the interest in the world in being out there and with me, but she had almost zero interest in actually running along. Oh, she always takes a detour here and there to investigate some fabulous scent or piece of trash that she thought was an animal from a distance, but she tends to keep a decent focus for the majority of a run.

Not today. Not for any stretch of any worthwhile measure. The girl was a nuisance. But, she had some fun:
I had to pull over on a thin sidewalk to
make room for a runner coming our way,
so Elly and I both admired one of my
very favorite wildflowers!
And, to be completely honest, without one of her 800 sniff stops, I wouldn't have really seen these:
While her lack of running congruence was pretty annoying, I chose to just indulge her. Well, mostly indulge her; I didn't want a three and a half mile run to take hours. But, this week is designed to be a lighter week before Saturday's run, so I figured I may as well chill instead of fighting her the whole way.

There was a lot of give and take along today's route, and we made it work:
"That's right we worked it out, mommy!
Because the best running accessory is a
mommy. I mean, it's a glamorous
bandana. I mean, what's an accessory?"
There's only one more run to go before the big one, and that short run is tomorrow! I'll check in and let you know how it went ... and, if I ran it solo ...! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment