Monday, December 31, 2012

The 2012 Good Stuff

Happy last day of the year!! I have to say this year was chock full  just in general, so I'm happy to look back and know I was able to start many of my days on the right foot -- so to speak!

(Today's Rest Week kick-off started off just right, too ... with snow!! See?!):
I know she looks scared. She's just ready to
go inside because the girl is wet !
Was there ever a sweeter puppy face?!
Throughout 2012, different days started off with different combinations of feet and paw numbers, and each brought with it a little nugget of a story. Looking back, here are the standout stats:

Number of miles run: 750

Shortest run: 2 miles

Longest run: 13.1 miles

Official races: 6

Number of days run (including registered runs): 189

Number of times falling during a run: 2

Biggest "official" accomplishment: two half marathons this year, one with the best time of my four

Biggest "everyday" accomplishment: sticking to the schedule the entire year. Wait, maybe it's not seriously hurting myself from falling down. OR, is it that I didn't break my camera when I fell ... that's it! My real answer: Not breaking my camera when I fell.

Best running-related development: The weekend Family Run!

Cents found during official races: 7

Total amount of money found running from January 1 - December 31: $9.51

Number of people I cut off during official runs to pick up money: 3 that I know of. 'Very sorry about that.

Number of times Elly cut me off while running: a handful, but she hasn't taken me down again since 2009

Best race swag: The Go Girl wine glass. Can you beat a wine glass?

Number of mornings I just didn't want to go run: not as many as last year

Favorite go-to song to sing to myself: Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me."

Best decision: changing my mind from running the Go Girl Half to running the 5K. Accepting I wasn't ready to turn it around that fast was momentarily humbling and long-term empowering.

Worst pre-run fuel: Christmas dinner lasagna

Best idea: donating money found during runs to the Food Bank

Worst idea: I'm back on that lasagna dinner the night before running ...

Favorite moment: I have a few --
  • The entire family again participating in Turkey Trax
  • PC#2 running with me at the Komen event
  • Watching the young Crewers joyfully cheer and root on others  -- not just me -- during races. Their hearts are good, and they're not shy about showing it!
And, what's to come? More of the same ... only better because we Keep. On. Going!!
YEAH we do!!!!!
A very Happy New Year to you from all of us! There's more to come from Rest Week when we welcome 2013, so we'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment