Sunday, December 2, 2012

Eating My Own Words. Again.

Many moons ago, I taught a college freshman orientation class. One of the topics that always made everyone groan and/or smirk was with regard to keeping yourself on a regular sleep schedule -- even on weekends. Yeah, that's where the smirking and eye rolling kicked in from 25 18 year olds. And, I'm not going to lie -- at that point in my life, I was a weekend way-late nighter, so I had to figure out how to present the topic and sound like I believed it.

Anyway, that particular topic is the one that sticks in my head the most because it's the one that bites me the most. You can guess that if I'm talking about it that this past weekend showed me I should have practiced what I preached because a double-dip of late nights resulted in a terrible-feeling morning run! But, I also know I've come a long way from the days when a late night would result in blowing off something like getting up to run (or, getting up before noon), so even a terrible-feeling run is a huge success compartively speaking!

Besides, who would want to miss out on the Family Fun Run?! Had I missed out on that, I would have also missed out on this:
PC#3 decided to channel his inner Irish
and jig it up for a stretch. He reported that
it hurt his knees, by the way, so don't take
this as any kind of suggestion! It was
very entertaining to watch, though!
To be honest, I could have done without the middle mile today as the first half of it is up hill. And, while that meant the other half was down hill, cutting the whole thing out would have been fine by me. I wasn't alone, though. Just as I articulated to the young Crewers that I was more than ready for the down hill part of the program, PC#2 said the very same thing. I'm not used to her being tired on a run; that's what clued me in that this morning's issue was in the form of bad sleep patterns. Drat -- I love staying up too late!! It never pays off, but it's still fun.

Running has proven to pay off every, single time out there whether the run felt great or not. And, even when it feels bad, I often still find prizes:
A BB matching my shoe laces? Now, that's fabulous.
It's also being out with this sweaty morning crew:
'Love Every One Of Them.
There's rain in the forecast tomorrow, but I think we're going to luck out in the morning. Elly and I will report! Until then, it's worth pushing through whatever you'd rather skip, so keep that in mind and give it a whirl if your Monday starts off Monday! See you after our run!

No comments:

Post a Comment