Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Eve to ME!

It's not too shabby of a Rest Day when you start it off with a birthday celebration with a dear friend! My birthday is actually tomorrow -- that's right, baby ... TWELVE TWELVE TWELVE ... whee!! -- but I got to celebrate today, too!

CHECK OUT WHAT I RECEIVED!!!
Question: CAN YOU BEAT THAT SHIRT?
Answer: NO!

Oh, my gosh I loved it so much I put it on as soon as I opened it! And, as soon as I returned home, Elly had to get in her coordinating bandana. We're pals like that!

I have no plans to wear it a lot while running because I don't want to muck it up with my sweat and grossness. But, I'll do it a time or two with another shirt under. I mean, it just screams take-me-running-with-you, doesn't it?! It also screams so-fabulous-don't-mess-me-up! So, I'll compromise ... sometimes running, sometimes just every day!! WAHOO!!!

Plans I do have, however, include running tomorrow on my birthday! My very first birthday run was 4 years ago when I turned 40 ... definitely something I never thought I'd do at that time! I huffed and puffed my way through that 3 mile jaunt, but I did it! Since then, when my birthday falls on a running day, well, then that's how the day will start!

In a change of plans from last year when I thought it would be novel to run 12 miles on 12-12-12, I've since rethought that idea and plan to just go until I feel like stopping. That could mean 3 miles, it could mean 6, but it doesn't really matter. I just want to go. I bagged the 12-mile idea because it falls only 7 weeks since October's Half and right before I start training for April's, and if I've finally learned anything this past year it's that I do, indeed, need to be strategic about my breaks, or I will most definitely hit the wall. No one wants to hit the wall. It hurts!

So, tomorrow's all about heading out and enjoying however far our feet take us. Two runners, two miles? Six feet, six miles? Four eyes, four miles? Who knows, and I'm certain I'll make up some crap about this-many-miles-represents-x, but that's what I do. I make crap up because it entertains me. And, that, my friends, keeps me going.

I'm off to make sure everyone I see notices my shirt, so I'm signing off and will see you after the birthday run!

No comments:

Post a Comment