Monday, December 17, 2012

Paused

To the same situation -- any situation --, some people respond immediately while others take a while. I'm in the latter group, and today's when the recent tragedy in Connecticut caught up to me.

I ran this morning on the treadmill and was thankful to be finished before watching the beginning of Live With Kelly and Michael. That's when it all hit me, and had I been on the treadmill, I would have been on the floor because their intro doubled me over.

I'm at a loss for words about today's run as I capped it off weeping for these children and their families. God bless the souls of those babies, and please wrap their families in your love.

I join everyone else in the picking-ourselves-up and moving forward process. Tomorrow, I resume the norm from here, but I couldn't not take pause today.

No comments:

Post a Comment