Monday, December 10, 2012

That Old, Familiar Feeling

Q: What do you get when you have a cold, Monday morning and too many things to remember to do when walking out the door?
A: A day when you forget something!

I do this all the time! I know how many things I normally grab or need to do when walking out the door. If I have one extra thing to take or do, then place your bets on what's going to be forgotten or undone. It's crazy how predictable that is!

Today's forgotten duty was checking to make sure I put the memory card back in the camera. You can guess by today's picture-naked post that I did not. Whoopsie.

Hey, I still get props for even going out there today, though!! (Do I get them because it was 22 degrees but felt like 10? No ... I love that!!) I'll give 'em to myself because I most definitely have those days were I am acutely aware of the block of time I could have if I just blew off my run. Today was one of them because the rest of my day was pretty packed. But, if I blew off every run where I ever considered to do so, I'd never get off the couch again.

Besides, I've not only paid for the Half in April, that can't-wait-to-cross-the-finish-line feeling reignited in me yesterday as we congratulated my friend Mary Kate for finishing her first Half Marathon!!
 
WA-HOOOOOOO!!!!!

She sent me a picture of her with her medal -- she was beaming !! I'm so crazy proud of her and was thrilled to go along the training ride with her long distance!! I didn't ask her permission to repost her picture here, but I don't have to ask for permission to post the pic I sent to her yesterday morning:
Just when you thought this post really would be picture naked ...
You might recall her family was planning to celebrate with a pancake breakfast following her run. So, we did the same on her behalf. There's nothing like showing solidarity through pancakes, right?

So, there you have it for a Monday. Miles run, things forgotten but others accomplished ... it's all good. Even better is that tomorrow is a rest day, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment