Monday, December 24, 2012

Stop and Sit. Good Doggy.

Merry Christmas Eve!! Elly and I started the day out just the way we wanted (only a little bit later than usual ... gotta sleep in on a holiday after staying up way too late to watch a movie after all!)! It was 23 degrees, but there was a bite in the air this morning from the wind, so we got our grooves on to get out there and get back inside! Cold: Good. Wind: Not Good.

I was thankful for the cold air, though, because it's keeping around the remnants from this week's snow! And, while we've seen some flurries, we're not counting on a totally white Christmas. Therefore, that which stuck around will probably have to do! Anyway, at one point during our run, I noticed how cool of a backdrop a still-snow-covered hill would make for my festive pup, so, out of nowhere, I told Elly to Stop and Sit.

The funny thing is that unless someone has a leash or Dentastick in hand, Elly has absolutely no idea why she'd be asked to sit. And, when in the middle of a run, she's double-confused! She did, however, immediately comply, and this was the turnout of the quick photo shoot:
Again practicing for her future in poetic
print ads ...
"Um, Mommy ... I thought we came out
here to run. And, my buns are cold
just sayin'."
Having her sit right there in the middle of the run was fabulous because she gave me one of those, "Um ... I'm really not sure what's going on but I will do what you're asking" looks. (It's like the same look I gave my 7th grade assistant principal when I was called to his office. You weren't called to his office unless you did something wrong. Little did I know I'd been busted for throwing a paper wad on the bus and had a bus ticket waiting for me.) Two clicks of the camera later, and we were again off!

We'd already cha-chinged 15 cents on our run when we came across a healthy dose of BBs ... excellent Christmas Eve fun!
I thought I was going to get a gift from Elly by bringing home two unused poo bags. Within 3/10 of a mile from home, she took back her gift intention and gave me a different one instead. But, that was okay. Who couldn't love this pup?
Oh, and Jacques? Yeah, I forgot to bring him along. Whoopsie. It turned out okay, though, because he was at home hanging with Daphne:
"We're the smart ones. The fools are out
in the cold ..."
Our original plan was to go for a Family Run tonight and check out the lights, but that's been vetoed given the breeze accompanying the cold! So, we'll be seeing the lights from the car! (Yay!) And, with that, I'm off to continue on with the celebrations and traditions! A night full of peace to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment